As a small or mid-size business owner, you are likely joining many others who are setting achievable goals for the coming year. While it’s common to set ambitious goals, it is also important to make them realistic so that they don’t fizzle out from lack of steam. So be sure to make your resolutions achievable with enough time, energy and resources. Your goals could be to bring in new clients, lessen worker turnover, and add new technology or equipment to your business. You want to make sure favorable conditions are in place to increase their potential to be realized.
Creating Conditions to Achieve Business Goals
Once you have your goal(s), you’ll want to make a solid plan to allow them to happen! Ask yourself these questions to help you determine how to achieve them.
- Is my goal realistic based on my business’s current situation?
- What steps can my team and I take to bring the dream to fruition (based on actual data so you can set a clear route to success)?
- What exactly is it I want to achieve?
- What is the change I want to see?
Tools To Help You Visualize Your Goals
- Write them down, using a calendar, spreadsheet, etc., and chart your progress with a whiteboard, magnets, incentive sheets for starters.
- Break your goals down into clear, simple and easy terms.
- Figure out the strengths and weaknesses in your business or team that might support or hinder potential progress.
- Assess your resources and find ways to implement them (apps, programs, any technology that can help you visualize through charts, reports, timetables, etc.).
- Create an incentive to help you stay on track (enlisting an accountability partner).
Follow Approach-Oriented Goals
Did you know that we are more likely to reach our goals if we stay approach-oriented rather than avoidance-oriented? It’s much more effective to feel supported when setting goals with a positive outlook and frame of reference. Thinking you can realistically achieve your goal is better at reducing performance anxiety than believing that you can’t accomplish your goal. For example, if you want to expand your indoor floor space, focus on the potential benefits that will come when you do. Avoid focusing on what might happen if you don’t achieve your goal, as this approach can make you afraid to even try, so your objective sizzles out in the very beginning.
Whatever goals you might decide to set, remember to review what you’ve learned from the events of this year. Compile a list of potential pitfalls in your business so you can prevent them or work around them. It is also a good idea to break your goal into small weekly or monthly steps you can accomplish. With a sound strategy and plan of action, along with a steady process, you can help your business overcome challenges and achieve your goals!
How We Can Help
Our Corporate Capital team is ready to help your business succeed as you grow professionally. While you focus on your business’s service or product, we can help you receive the behind-the-scenes expertise and resources to help you succeed. Our one-stop-shop approach helps corporations and LLCs across the country by providing you with the following:
- Bookkeeping and accounting services in all 50 states
- Payroll solutions for your growing company
- Assist with building business credit and securing business loans
- Prepare personal and corporate taxes
- Navigate the business tax code in all 50 states
- Trust writing and asset protection
- And more…….
If you are working on your business goals for 2022, are starting a business, or are a seasoned entrepreneur, our licensed professionals and legal experts are here to help you succeed. We welcome you to reach out to our team today and connect with our highly experienced business management team in Las Vegas, Nevada. Call 855-371-0070 today!